Procrastination – Vocabulary and Discussion Lesson
Watch the video below twice.
- Just watch and enjoy it.
- Watch and do the listening task below.
- Look up new words in a dictionary.
0 of 1 questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 1 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
Watch the video and fill in the missing words.
This morning I (got) (up) and got ready quickly because I had to get a lot of stuff done. I (sat) (down) at my desk to start getting my stuff done and I spilled my coffee, so I got a sponge to clean it out and I figured I’d take an extra minute to clean the whole desk, because the (clean) (desk) would help me get my stuff done. When I was finished I (realized) I hadn’t eaten anything and I didn’t want to be hungry while I got my (stuff) (done), so I went to the kitchen and I was out of sereal. When I got to the grocery store I (remembered) a bunch of other crap I needed to get and I (figured) I was already there so I (did) my (shopping) for the week, so I didn’t have to worry about it while I (got) my stuff done. When I got home I didn’t feel like sereal anymore so I made an omelette and I (did) the dishes so I wouldn't have to do them (after) I got my stuff done. Then I (went) out to get some oil from the hardware store because my desk chair is kind of squeaky and I didn’t want to get (distracted) by a squeaky chair (while) I got my stuff done. When I got back it was getting kind of (late) and I knew I wouldn’t be able to get my stuff done today, so I (started) watching “The twilight zone marathon” on TV. I just had to (make) (sure) I got to bed early because I want to be (well) (rested) tomorrow so I can get my stuff done.
Read the recommendations to beat procrastination and make notes of
- things you already do
- things you’d like to do
- things you don’t think are useful
1. Do you ever procrastinate? What things do you usually put off doing?
2. What things usually distract you from getting down to work?
3. Do you estimate how much time it takes to complete a task? Do you think it’s a good idea?
4. Are you good at prioritizing?
5. Are you a fan of to-do lists?
7. They say, imagination is the enemy of motivation. How far do you agree with that?
8. Do you reward yourself for completing your tasks? How?Writing
Write a letter to yourself 5 or 10 years ago
– share what you know now about the dangers of procrastination
– tell about a time when you found it difficult to focus and get things done
– give yourself tips on how to overcome the reluctance to do your work on time