Procrastination – Vocabulary and Discussion Lesson
Introduction Watch a short video introducing the key vocabulary. Take notes! Listening
Watch the video below twice.
- Just watch and enjoy it.
- Watch and do the listening task below.
- Look up new words in a dictionary.
Read the recommendations to beat procrastination and make notes of
- things you already do
- things you’d like to do
- things you don’t think are useful
1. Do you ever procrastinate? What things do you usually put off doing?
2. What things usually distract you from getting down to work?
3. Do you estimate how much time it takes to complete a task? Do you think it’s a good idea?
4. Are you good at prioritizing?
5. Are you a fan of to-do lists?
7. They say, imagination is the enemy of motivation. How far do you agree with that?
8. Do you reward yourself for completing your tasks? How?Writing
Write a letter to yourself 5 or 10 years ago
– share what you know now about the dangers of procrastination
– tell about a time when you found it difficult to focus and get things done
– give yourself tips on how to overcome the reluctance to do your work on time